Bhakti Fest Presents…
Sometimes in our life and our yoga practice we feel a little dried up, thirsty for creative juice that reinvigorates our spirit. This 5 hour intensive is an invitation to drink from the life-giving well of bhakti yoga, the yoga of the heart. Sing your heart out, rekindle your soul, stir the gods and goddesses within you, tap into your inner poet, dance like a child, and rejoice in the awakening of your unique voice and creativity.
• Explore more deeply your own life story through interactive storytelling, mythology, and journaling
• Tune your being with singing meditation, kirtan chanting, and dance
• Merge your body and heart-consciousness with vinyasa asana practice with enchanting live music played by The Wild Lotus Band (Alvin Young and Gwendolyn Colman)
• Spark a romance with life itself through exploration of the love poetry of the Bhakti tradition
• Enjoy a lunch satsang with Sean focused on bringing bhakti into your daily life, yoga practice and yoga teaching.
In addition to being a beloved kirtan artist, Sean Johnson is also an inspiring educator who is passionate about teaching through merging yoga and the arts. Sean is the founder of Wild Lotus Yoga studios in New Orleans and Soul School – an interdisciplinary yoga teacher training program that focuses on learning to teach yoga with skill and imagination. Sean is also a writer for Yoga Journal and the co-curator of Putumayo World Music’s yoga series. Sean guides weekend bhakti-yoga-based modules in teacher training programs nationwide helping teachers to bring depth to their asana classes through the heart-centered practices of bhakti yoga. Sean And The Wild Lotus Band are a guiding voice in western kirtan music and favorite festival headliner- merging ancient mantras with rock, funk, gospel, and world grooves. They host BHAKTImmersion Retreats in their hometown of New Orleans and other locations throughout the year.
The intensive will be accompanied by the live grooves The Wild Lotus Band- guitar/ bass player Alvin Young and percussionist/ vocalist Gwendolyn Colman.
Cost: $75 (includes vegetarian lunch)
Please note: This event is reserved for people who are registered for the Bhakti Fest Weekend Retreat.